Internship with Marietta Redevelopment Corporation
2012 Internship Program
The Marietta Redevelopment Corporation is seeking a part-time intern for 10-12 weeks without compensation. The ideal intern would be a junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in urban planning, public administration, community development or public relations. Interns will participate in the various aspects of neighborhood / community planning, data collection and real estate development. Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to Reggie Taylor, Executive Director at Rtaylor@mariettaga.gov.
- This is internship is unfunded however college course credit is available.
- The internship will begin June 2012 and continue to July 2012.
- A regular part-time schedule will be determined based on student obligations and availability.
- Major in Public Administration, Geography, Political Science, Urban Planning or Urban Studies (specialization in Economic or Community Development preferred)
- Completion of undergraduate and/or graduate course work in community development, housing, real estate, urban planning and economic development
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn municipal computer programs and databases.
- Assist with data collection, development and maintenance of a community database.
- Conduct interviews of neighborhood groups and stakeholders within redevelopment areas.
- Compile and analyze survey data for presentation to executive director, stakeholders, elected officials and MRC board of directors.
- Assist with the coordination of outreach events.
- Assist with development of website content for community assistance page.