MS why do it?
There are many reasons why you might pursue a graduate degree and the Masters program in public policy at our school may be the right one if the following are true for you:
- You enjoy integrating theory and practice, bringing together knowledge from professional and scientific fields with an awareness of how knowledge should be used. The MSPP is designed for this very purpose.
- You would like to acquire analytical skills and apply them to real life policy problems in areas such as the role of intellectual property in government support for science, the changing composition of the science and technology workforce, the attribution of value by stakeholders to potential environmental impacts of technological developments, or the potential for regional economic development based on new technology, among many others, pursued at our School.
- You will settle for nothing less than studying and sharing research work with a faculty that has a national and international reputation. Our faculty are widely recognized for their research in S&T policy, environmental policy, regional economic development and IT policy.
- You would like to become part of a diverse student body crossing paths with people from all over the world, at all stages in their careers, with prior backgrounds in many different fields of knowledge and a common interest in problem solving in the public interest. This is a prominent feature of our program.
- You might be interested in studying abroad during your graduate program. We have well established graduate student exchange programs with leading universities in Europe.
- Your career goals include the potential for getting a job that defies the stereotypes. Our graduates have been placed in state and federal government organizations, national and international consulting firms, media corporations, not-for-profit organizations, among others. Many have gone on to successful academic careers.
The MS in Public Policy at Georgia Tech invites you to experience these and discover other exciting possibilities in your graduate studies.
Go Global: MPA/MPP Degrees that Make a World of Difference