Graduate Financial Aid & RAs
Financial aid for graduate students takes many forms. The School awards research and teaching assistantships, but the other forms of aid generally come through the Office of Student Financial Planning and Services.
Office of Student Financial Planning and Services
Georgia Institute of Technology
225 North Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30332-0460
The Graduate School also lists some sources of financial support: http://www.grad.gatech.edu/support.html
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantship
The School of Public Policy has a number of Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs) and Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) available to qualified students.
Usually GRAs are associated with program-related work on research projects, which are supported by external sponsors. GRAs include a tuition waiver and a stipend.
Recent GRA projects include...
- Evaluating science and math education programs in Atlanta area high schools
- Evaluating the development and outcomes of scientific collaboration
- Interdisciplinary cognitive and learning practices in systems biology laboratories
- Organizational factors in scientific creativity
- Social networks for women and under-represented minority scientists
- Stakeholder participation in development of water management districts
- University science parks and economic development
- Real-time assessment of nanotechnology research and innovation
In addition, GRA placements may be arranged with associated units at Georgia Tech, and with local government agencies. Applicants are encouraged to review the section on Graduate Financial Information in the Georgia Tech General Catalog and to seek other Fellowships and financial aid.
Opportunities for working professionals
A number of Master of Science in Public Policy (MSPP) students complete their studies while maintaining professional employment. The School assists this by offering selected core and elective courses in the late afternoon or early evening hours. Students are encouraged to take advantage of corporate tuition reimbursement programs